Grow as a developer by building things that help local businesses around the world thrive
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events, and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun, and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking, and celebrates success. .
Are you a passionate, energetic and technology enthusiast eager to work at a rapid pace with the flexibility to work across our suite of technologies? Are you a problem solver; someone who enjoys debugging code, resolving issues, and creating solutions for common problems? Do you get a little obsessed with the details?
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team to troubleshoot, monitor and operational support Groupon’s services that span business side and engineering departments.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Provide ongoing operational support for complex web applications part of Groupon’s microservices platform.
- Build service artifacts and do deployments
- Improve service stability by identifying critical service specific metrics, setting meaningful alerting thresholds, and automating alerting responses
- Solve complex problems in a timely and accurate manner through active troubleshooting, automation and systems programming
- Provide system support and troubleshooting and updating all the stakeholders via the JIRA ticketing application.
- Participate in incident resolution processes driving restoration and repair of service-impacting issues
- Work closely with the development teams and be able to escalate issues to the development team for further changes to the application.
- Responsible for maintaining and creating Knowledge Base Articles.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 6+ years of industry experience
- BE/BTech degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages like Java, Ruby.
- Intermediate knowledge with web frameworks like Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Dropwizard, will be an added advantage
- Experience in operating and supporting complex web applications operating in microservice architecture
- Experience with build tools such as Ant, Ivy, Maven or Griddle
- Experience analyzing logs using tools, such as Splunk or ELK (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana)
- Experience working with REST API and hands on experience in using API clients like POSTMAN
- Experience working on distributed systems and exposure to messaging with JMS will be an added advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues to ensure resolution of the most critical ones.
- Ability and willingness to participate in On-call rotation
We value engineers who are:
- Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the customer is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
- Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
- Fast learners: We are willing to disrupt our existing business to trial new products and solutions. You love learning how to use new technologies and then rapidly apply them to new problems.
- Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our customers desire. You know when it’s appropriate to take shortcuts that don’t sacrifice quality or maintainability.
- Owners: Engineers at Groupon know how to positively impact the business.
Lo scopo di Groupon è quello di costruire comunità forti tramite la valorizzazione di piccole realtà imprenditoriali. Per saperne di più sul più grande mercato di e-commerce locale del mondo, clicca qui per notizie aggiornate su Groupon. E non dimenticare di dare un'occhiata ai valori che ispirano la nostra cultura, guidano la nostra strategia e fanno della nostra azienda un luogo fantastico in cui lavorare. Ma non fidarti solo della nostra parola. Ascolta le testimonianze di chi lavora da Groupon, scopri di più sui nostri gruppi di dipendenti
inclusivi e dai un'occhiata ai nostri benefici. Se pensi che tutto questo faccia al caso tuo, invia la tua candidatura e scopriremo insieme dove ci porterà.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
I requisiti per l'assunzione e lo sviluppo di carriera si basano sulla capacità di svolgere il proprio lavoro. A tutti i candidati e i dipendenti vengono garantite pari opportunità di occupazione senza alcuna distinzione di razza, credo, religione, colore, età, nazionalità, sesso, disabilità, condizione medica, orientamento sessuale, identità o espressione di genere, informazione genetica, ascendenza, stato civile, congedo del servizio militare (escluso il congedo con disonore), stato di veterano di guerra, cittadinanza o altri stati protetti dalla legge. Siamo tutti responsabili del rispetto di questa politica. Se sei preoccupato per le pari opportunità nell'impiego di Groupon, puoi contattare Ethicspoint, il servizio di reporting etico di Groupon.