Become a better developer by building things that help local businesses around the world thrive
Are you a passionate, energetic technology enthusiast eager to work at a rapid pace with the flexibility to work across a broad tech stack?
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events, and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun, and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. With employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking, and celebrates success. Our culture encourages employees to embrace change, adapt to new circumstances, and find creative solutions to the challenges we face. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career? Let’s get into the details:
As a global company that works with both local businesses and consumers, Groupon has a wealth of data, which is stored and processed on our ever-evolving data platform. As a Data Engineer, you will handle the full development life-cycle of Groupon data applications. Our Data Engineers collaborate with data analysts, product managers, and other engineering teams to design and build streaming and batch data applications for the business to enable consistently informed management decisions and also provide customers and merchants with a personalized experience.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Analyze & translate functional specifications & change requests into technical specifications.
- Design, Develop, and Implement ETL framework for Enterprise DW system.
- Executing unit tests and validating expected results; iterating until test conditions have passed Translate business needs into end-user applications.
- Ensure accuracy & integrity of data & applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation & problem resolution.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting processes in the ETL framework.
- Modifying existing code to provide defect fixes for existing ETLs.
- Coordinate and Collaborate with the ETL team and business users to implement all ETL procedures for all new projects and maintain effective awareness of all production activities according to required standards and provide support to all existing applications.
- Provide support to all ETL schedules and maintain compliance to same and develop and maintain various standards to perform ETL codes and maintain an effective project life cycle on all ETL processes.
- Keep abreast of the tools, techniques, and components being used in the industry through research and applies this knowledge to the system(s) being developed.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Having 3+ years of hands-on experience with all aspects of design, developing, testing, and implementing ETL solutions.
- Packaging and release management.
- Working knowledge of MPP systems
- Knowledge of data modeling and designing databases
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on several projects
- Solid understanding of SDLC, software best practices, and development methodologies
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Good knowledge of metadata, and using/managing metadata
- Ability to develop and organize high-quality documentation
- Take responsibility for performance tuning
- Experience with data warehousing and star-schema (dimensional) data models is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating systems
- Hands-on experience in Database technologies like Oracle, Mysql, Teradata, and Bigquery.
- Strong scripting skills - python ( a big plus ), Perl, Shell, etc.
- Knowledge of Big data systems - Hadoop, pig, hive, shark/spark, etc. a big plus.
- Good working experience in cloud data warehouse systems in GCP, and AWS(optional).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We value engineers who are:
- Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the customer is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
- Obsessed with Quality: Your Production code Just Works & scales linearly
- Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
- Fast learners: We are willing to disrupt our existing business to trial new products and solutions. You love learning how to use new technologies and then rapidly apply them to new problems.
- Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our customers desire. You know when it’s appropriate to take shortcuts that don’t sacrifice quality or maintainability.
- Owners: Engineers at Groupon know how to positively impact the business.
Lo scopo di Groupon è quello di costruire comunità forti tramite la valorizzazione di piccole realtà imprenditoriali. Per saperne di più sul più grande mercato di e-commerce locale del mondo, clicca qui per notizie aggiornate su Groupon. E non dimenticare di dare un'occhiata ai valori che ispirano la nostra cultura, guidano la nostra strategia e fanno della nostra azienda un luogo fantastico in cui lavorare. Ma non fidarti solo della nostra parola. Ascolta le testimonianze di chi lavora da Groupon, scopri di più sui nostri gruppi di dipendenti
inclusivi e dai un'occhiata ai nostri benefici. Se pensi che tutto questo faccia al caso tuo, invia la tua candidatura e scopriremo insieme dove ci porterà.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
I requisiti per l'assunzione e lo sviluppo di carriera si basano sulla capacità di svolgere il proprio lavoro. A tutti i candidati e i dipendenti vengono garantite pari opportunità di occupazione senza alcuna distinzione di razza, credo, religione, colore, età, nazionalità, sesso, disabilità, condizione medica, orientamento sessuale, identità o espressione di genere, informazione genetica, ascendenza, stato civile, congedo del servizio militare (escluso il congedo con disonore), stato di veterano di guerra, cittadinanza o altri stati protetti dalla legge. Siamo tutti responsabili del rispetto di questa politica. Se sei preoccupato per le pari opportunità nell'impiego di Groupon, puoi contattare Ethicspoint, il servizio di reporting etico di Groupon.