Groupon Goods, the retail marketplace of our business, is a one-stop shop for brand-name essentials and unexpected, one-of-a-kind finds. For our merchants, this means massive exposure, smart promotion, and reliable fulfillment. For our customers, this means great deals on a variety of products ranging from electronics to clothing, home goods to beauty.
You'll be responsible for maintaining and nurturing our vendor relationships, and to scale them further in a cross-country environment. On our team, you will be retail-savvy and work to fuel the growth of Goods by managing vendor portfolios to maximize their performance. You'll work with vendors across categories and countries, sharing your insights to connect them with a potentially new customer bases.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Managing the vendor portfolio with the goal of optimizing sales and the customer experience, for example, by negotiating commercial terms and conditions, setting - competitive retail prices and agreeing CO-OP planned activity.
- Negotiating cost prices and competitively setting retail pricing within company and legal regulation rulesets.
- Managing and solidifying relationships with our main dropshippers following our guidelines from a quantitative and qualitative perspective. Helping dropshippers’ growth and unlock their full potential both in their country of origin and cross border.
- Monitoring portfolio performance against the financial plan to identify trend opportunities you can take advantage of for example, through Merchandising Campaigns, Marketing opportunities and Pricing Tools.
- Autonomously be able to support the vendor in delivering relevant range according to the sales calendar.
We’re excited about you if you have:
-You should have experience as a Buyer/Vendor manager with evidence of successful negotiation in competitive markets (preferably in a market place environment)
-You have experience at a cross-country level (either from a project management or trading perspective) to ensure all Groupon and Local government trading regulations are met e.g. local pricing legislation
-You are great at managing relationships
-You have a meticulous attention to detail with a track record of delivering results while juggling multiple projects
-You are quick in undertaking a full operational understanding of the Marketplace model and understand the requirements for an efficient pre, during and post-sales experience for the benefit of the long term loyalty of the Groupon customer
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.