Groupon is an experienced marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
Our Finance teams handle complex financial matters on a global scale within a rapidly expanding business category. Comprising skilled professionals from various departments, we ensure precision in everything from our month-end financial procedures to overseeing our Profit and Loss statements and managing SG&A expenses .
Our Tax team is responsible for managing tax compliance, calculating provisions, and planning on a global scale for the company. We deal with a wide range of tasks , including technical challenges, process improvements, technology integration, and communication needs. You'll have the opportunity to collaborate with leading experts in the field as we tackle each project.
As a Tax Accountant Manager you'll collaborate closely with internal teams to examine the innovative activities and tax consequences associated with our diverse business channels. Given the ever-evolving nature of the global e-commerce and mobile markets, you'll be at the forefront of assessing these developments. You'll be tasked with engaging in challenging projects that have a significant impact on Groupon's overall effective tax rate and operational strategies.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career? Let's get into the details:
What is our mindset?
- We would compare ourselves to a sports team , where we strive to assemble the best team with the available resources .
- We still maintain key values such as fairness , mutual support, and respect , but we also focus on performance and aim to build a top-notch organization that can deliver excellent results in a short period of time.
- Our culture is built on courage , ambition , and is strongly meritocratic - allowing the most capable individuals to grow rapidly. Over the years, we have given opportunities to countless talented people who share traits such as structure, intellectual curiosity, hard work, and the ability to learn quickly.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Help compute our tax provision, both for US GAAP and statutory accounting purposes
- Determine accounting treatment under ASC740 and document analysis
- Review, monitor and report ASC 740 uncertain tax positions
- You will participate in tax process optimization, develop and implement procedural changes and/or processes to improve the tax function and meet SOX certification
- Prepare tax models and assist with other tax projects on an as needed basis
- Use OneSource and all of the other wonderful toys we have
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5 plus years of tax and accounting experience
- US GAAP, ASC740 knowledge
- Knowledge of OneSource tax provision software is preferred
- CPA certification preferred, MST a plus (not a must)
- You are comfortable with MS Office , with Excel being your secret favorite
- Experience with BNA and Checkpoint tax research software is preferred
- You can juggle multiple priorities , projects, and deadlines without breaking a sweat
- You're a details person with a penchant for preparing meticulously accurate work
- You can switch seamlessly from working independently to working as part of a team
- You're enthusiastic, adaptable, and see challenges as an opportunity to grow
- Fluency in English (both written and oral) is essential, any additional European languages are a plus
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.