Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Sales Operations is a dynamic team tasked with keeping the sales floor humming by driving large-scale projects focused on efficiency and sales productivity, as well as day-to-day sales support. Initiatives can range from recommending changes to our product or platform, rolling out improved tooling for our sales reps, modeling and supporting sales contests, or using the data we have to address trends in the department and owning solutions. The trifecta of teams in Sales Operations (Rep Analytics, Tools & Process Improvement, and Communication) work closely together to ensure our sales teams have a consistent, informed, and high-energy environment to achieve their sales goals.
As a Sales Operations Manager, / Supply Analytics Manag you will be responsible for all aspects of data automation, analysis and reporting for Groupon’s sales division to provide insight and drive measurable improvements in process and efficiency throughout the organization. You will also be a key stakeholder in driving quantitative recommendations for sales rep incentives and compensation. You will work directly with senior leadership in sales, as well other key functions including HR, Finance, and Compensation. Additionally, they will manage a team of analysts.
You’ll spend your time on the following:
- Build and maintain key operational reporting and streamline ad-hoc reporting
- Partner with Business Intelligence and other key business divisions to ensure alignment of reporting and metrics
- Act as liaison between operations and sales to identify opportunities for improvement in reporting/processes and develop models to gauge impact of implementing potential initiatives
- Present to and influence senior leadership on key initiatives with both data and operational expertise
- Act as a subject matter expert on all things sales operations; conduct analysis and communicate recommendations to senior management on how to initiate better performance
- Partner with Finance, HR, and Compensation to develop and administer compensation plan and target systems
- Continuously review and make recommendations for current sales incentive programs to ensure efficiency
- Proactively identify opportunities for growth or improvement within sales rep measurement or productivity
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- English language skills
- 2-4 years in (Business) Operations, Sales Operations, or Business Intelligence
- Team Management experience
- You’re analytical and love solving complex problems
- You are very comfortable Excel and SQL; bonus points for experience with Tableau
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills; you’re able to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as the business and technical communities
- You thrive working on multiple projects with cross-functional teams in a rapidly changing environment
- You have an ability to balance the black and white nature of results based on data with empathy and an understanding of sales processes
- You’re a creative problem solver who thinks strategically to identify problems and recommend effective plans of action
- You work independently, take initiative, and remain flexible in an ever-changing environment
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.