Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
Groupon, Inc. is looking for a Sr. Technical Product Manager to join our team in Seattle, WA.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
How you'll spend your day:
- You will collaborate with product, engineering and business teams to understand the customer and business requirements;
- define vision, strategy and roadmap for the API Platform with stakeholders buy-in;
- write API and functional specifications;
- define end-to-end platform solutions to enable new business initiatives and customer features for mobile and Web clients;
- drive incremental progress with quarterly and sprint planning;
- partner with engineering teams and architects to design and deliver platform functionality, and maintain a high bar for platform SLA;
- define platform policies, standards and best practices;
- and ensure services integrate into the overall platform in a coherent and performant way, with an eye towards a single platform serving all geographies;
- perform software product management or development at a large-scale e-commerce company;
- understand and analyze customers and business requirements;
- define and deliver end to end platform solutions to enable new business initiatives and customer features for mobile and web clients;
- write API and functional specifications for platform.
We’re excited about you if you have the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or foreign academic equivalent. 5 years of experience.
- Any level of experience with performing software product management or development at a large-scale e-commerce company
- Any level of experience with understanding and analyzing customers and business requirements
- Any level of experience with defining and delivering end to end platform solutions to enable new business initiatives and customer features for mobile and web clients
- Any level of experience with writing API and functional specifications for platform.
- 5% travel required.
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.