Grow as a developer by building things that help local businesses around the world thrive.
Are you a passionate, energetic, and technology enthusiast eager to work at a rapid pace with the flexibility to work across a broad tech stack?
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events, and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun, and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. With employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking, and celebrates success. Our culture encourages employees to embrace change, adapt to new circumstances, and find creative solutions to the challenges we face. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career? Let’s get into the details:
Our development ecosystem:
- Languages: Java, Ruby on Rails
- Node/Express JS/Angular JS/ React JS
- Deployment to our own data centers
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will design and develop compliance applications for the Groupon microservice ecosystem
- You will collaborate with teams in other organization to ensure that required business features and compliance rules are implemented effectively
- Build service artifacts, plan deployment, coordinate timeline and tasks with project management and teams
- Improve service stability by identifying critical service-specific metrics, setting meaningful alerting thresholds, and automating alerting responses
- Create and maintain documentation for your projects
- Mentor junior staff
- Drive the discussion and decisions of technical topics related to the team
We’re excited about you if you have:
- BE/BTech or ME/MTech degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 6+ years of industry experience
- At least one full lifecycle web application built with React + Redux & Node JS
- Expertise in building scalable server applications and reusable modules in the Node eco-system
- Experience with build tools such as Ant, Ivy, Maven, Griddle
- Strong debugging skills
- Good communication and collaboration skills
We value engineers who are:
- Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the customer is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
- Obsessed with Quality: Your Production code Just Works & scales linearly
- Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
- Fast learners: We are willing to disrupt our existing business to trial new products and solutions. You love learning how to use new technologies and then rapidly apply them to new problems.
- Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our customers desire. You know when it’s appropriate to take shortcuts that don’t sacrifice quality or maintainability.
- Owners: Engineers at Groupon know how to positively impact the business.
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.