Are you an analytical person? Do you like to problem-solve and find solutions? Then read on about this exciting opportunity!
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
Groupon, Inc. is looking for a Senior Vertical Strategy Analyst to join our team in Chicago, IL.
How you'll spend your day:
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate data to track business performance and important developments
- Create dashboards and tools to measure business performance along a number of different financial, strategic, and competitive dimensions
- Develop economic models to inform executive thinking around new products and initiatives
- Identify the tools and design the processes needed to implement new business ideas and concepts
- Lead and execute ad hoc financial and business-related analyses on an ongoing basis
- Build stakeholder relationships to identify opportunities for improvement in reporting and processes and define data-backed short- and long-term initiatives
- Test hypotheses across functions using measurable, statistically-significant methods to evaluate best performing strategies
- Serve as subject matter expert on applicable analytical tools, data trends and systems
- 100% telecommuting allowed from anywhere in the U.S.
We’re excited about you if you have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Math, Business Information Systems or related field plus 4 years of related experience
- Any level of experience with Discovering and interpreting trends and patterns in datasets to solve business problems using knowledge of key business metrics
- Any level of experience with Identifing possible growth initiatives and design strategic plans using industry and market knowledge
- Any level of experience with Creating business forecasts, models, and recommendations using statistical applications, consumer experience awareness and benchmark testing
- Any level of experience with Building, auditing and modifying data extract, transform & load (ETL) scripts by applying a proficiency in data mining and integrity, and knowledge of web development and use cases
- Any level of experience with Creating business cases and business reviews and optimize data solutions using agile planning and project management
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.