Groupon Goods, the retail marketplace of our business, is a one-stop shop for brand-name essentials and unexpected, one-of-a-kind finds. For our merchants, this means massive exposure, smart promotion, and reliable fulfillment. For our customers, this means great deals on a variety of products ranging from electronics to clothing, home goods to beauty.
You'll be responsible for maintaining and nurturing our vendor relationships, and to scale them further in a cross-country environment. This may include managing senior level relationships with strategic vendor partners. On our team, you will be retail-savvy and work to fuel the growth of Goods by managing vendor portfolios to maximise their performance. In some cases you will be required to onboard new vendors. You'll work with vendors across categories and countries, sharing your insights to connect them with a new customer bases.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career? Let's get into the details:
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will manage and solidify relationships with our main drop shippers following our guidelines from a quantitative and qualitative perspective
- You will be in charge of helping drop shippers’ growth and unlock their full potential both in their country of origin and cross border
- You will be responsible for the negotiation of cost prices and competitively setting retail pricing within the company and legal regulation rulesets.
- You will be focused on deliver a commercial and profitability targets for your area of responsibility as set by the Groupon Goods business
- You will monitor your portfolio performance against the financial plan to identify trend opportunities you can take advantage of , for example, through Merchandising Campaigns, Marketing opportunities and, Pricing Tools e.g. ILS etc.
- You will manage the vendor portfolio with the goal of optimizing sales and the customer experience, for example, by negotiating commercial terms and conditions, setting competitive retail prices and agreeing CO-OP planned activity
- You will autonomously be able to support the vendor in delivering relevant range according to the sales calendar
- You will be comfortable with cross functional working with Groupon internal teams
- You will source new vendors to the platform who can meet the Marketplace trading requirements for the Groupon Customer
- You will manage the relationship with suppliers that work EMEA-wide
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Fluency in German, both written and spoken is essential
- You should have experience as a Buyer/Vendor manager with evidence of successful negotiation in competitive markets (preferably in a market place environment)
- You have experience at a cross-country level (either from a project management or trading perspective) to ensure all Groupon and Local government trading regulations are met e.g. local pricing legislation
- You are great at managing relationships
- You have a meticulous attention to detail with a track record of delivering results while juggling multiple projects
- You have an uncanny ability to focus in a whirlwind of change, even if that involves occasional karaoke
- You are able to take proactive decisions to stop poor quality vendors or products to protect customer experience and Groupon profitability. You will regularly combine your finely tuned judgement with Refunds and Customer Ratings data to make the right call for the benefit of the customer and Groupon.
- You are quick in undertaking a full operational understanding of the Marketplace model and understand the requirements for an efficient pre, during and post-sales experience for the benefit of the long term loyalty of the Groupon customer
- You are self-motivated and have a good ability to manage your workload, your targets and your deliverables
- You have the ability to deal comfortably with Senior management both internally and externally
- You are proactively supporting your peers and the business
- You are keen to take responsibility on projects both at a country and EMEA-wide level
- You have the gravitas to be a future leader in the business by displaying the necessary skills of the next level above
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.