Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
As a Senior PM on the Merchant Experience team, you’ll build products for our local merchant partners globally to ensure a seamless experience throughout their journey with Groupon. We build features and experiences that bring delight and earn the trust of our merchants. We own these experiences globally and across all client platforms - App, Mobile Web, and Web.
We are looking for a data-driven, analytical Product Manager who can drive key initiatives to help us in our mission of enabling local businesses to succeed.
While we empower our product teams to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold those teams accountable to the results. Shipping is necessary, but not sufficient. We look for product managers that are not afraid of signing up for results, even when this means they have to work through others to achieve the necessary results.
This job, as with the other roles on the product team, is an individual contributor role. You will need to be able to influence your teammates, as well as colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Define and develop a roadmap for the Merchant Experience, aligned to the product strategy
- Collaborate regularly with stakeholders and company leaders to ensure that your product area aligns with business needs and requirements
- Partner with UX design, data science and multiple technical teams to bring your ideas to life and execute your roadmap to deliver customer and business results
- Collaborate with marketing, operations, and other stakeholders to build Go-To-Market plans and launch products globally
- Develop metrics to monitor and quantify impact of all new programs that you launch
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technical field, or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Product Manager, with a proven track record of shipping great products
- Demonstrated ability in owning a large product area, building roadmaps based on data and customer insights
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationships
- Excellent understanding of e-commerce, product development and how web and mobile technologies work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- You enjoy calling the shots and leading changes
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.