Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
Groupon, Inc. is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our team in Seattle, WA.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
How you'll spend your day:
- You will design and develop the software features required to personalize the deals to the customers across North America and European countries;
- Work with the business users to understand requirements and translate requirements into technical solutions;
- Lead and mentor the junior engineers to deliver the software features quickly and with high quality.
- 100% telecommuting allowed.
We’re excited about you if you have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, or related field plus 7 years of related experience.
- Any level of experience with analyzing the existing Cassandra database functionalities to determine, plan and recommend the migration strategy to cloud databases
- Any level of experience with building the technical requirements and system architecture for the business proposals that handles 400M daily emails and push notifications
- Any level of experience with designing and troubleshooting the complex Apache Spark jobs for building the Machine Learning data models for more than 100M Audience
- Any level of experience with architecting the real time distributed caching using Redis to build the highly scalable and resilient system
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.