Ready to build products in a truly product-driven company? Are you passionate about using technology to change the world?
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
As a part of Groupon’s Engineering team, our Product teams are the glue holding our technical projects together. While they might look different in each part of the organization, they all use a variety of different technologies and development practices to liaise and build groundbreaking local commerce products used by millions of people. Depending on the team you jump into, you’ll have a healthy mix of both technical and business-facing responsibilities, allowing you the autonomy to be both analytical and creative.
As a Senior Product Manager , you are effectively the liaison within the team, working with designers, developers and senior management to guide projects through to fruition and help our teams build successful products. In this role, you’ll be working on projects that will have a direct impact on large-scale initiatives and be able to see your hard work pay off quickly. You’ll work in a small, independent team and use agile practices - giving you the perfect hybrid between the feel and impact opportunity of a startup, with the assets of a public company.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Driving and owning the consumer experience side of booking, enabling our users to confidently book experiences with local businesses
- Building relationships with teammates across all business organizations while exploring different functional areas of Groupon
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to understand new feature needs and building out the roadmap and vision to bring those features to life
- Using customer feedback, market analysis and data driven decision making to define and execute product strategy
- Closely monitoring the latest trends in booking UIs and advocating for changes that keep us ahead of the competition
- Provide a clear roadmap, guidance, and support enabling your team to regularly ship features with high business value
- Adjusting and aligning your plans to company-wide OKRs to ensure your direction supports Groupon’s broader strategy
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 5-7 years relevant industry experience; including at least 3 years in Product Management
- Experience working on consumer products, with a preference for marketplace experience
- Self-starter skill to execute in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Ability to work collaboratively in an environment that promotes constant team communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of product development and how web and mobile technologies work
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Comfort calling the shots and enjoyment in leading changes
- A plus if you have MBA, or equivalent experience
- A big plus if you have prior Mobile Product experience
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.