Are you looking for an in-house indirect tax role experience that isn't like any other company? We have a team looking for exactly that kind of person.
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in proven, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
Our Tax team is responsible for the worldwide tax compliance, and planning for the company. We have it all – technical issues, process development, technology implementation, and communication needs to name a few. You will have access to some of the top authorities in the field as we complete each project.
As an Indirect Tax Senior Analyst for EMEA and APAC, you will partner closely with internal teams to identify and analyse the innovative activities and indirect tax implications of our various business channels as the global e-commerce and mobile markets are continuously evolving. You will take on challenging projects that impact Groupon's worldwide operations. Additionally, you will work in indirect tax matters ranging from compliance and audit support to legislative research and contract reviews. We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Support the International Senior Indirect Tax Manager across a wide range of projects including advice to the business on VAT impacts arising due to new product offerings, business line changes or company re-organisations, e-invoicing roll outs and upcoming DAC 7 reporting requirements.
- Assist the business by supporting the integration of necessary VAT requirements or updates within Groupon’s reporting systems.
- Contract reviews for EMEA and APAC indirect tax considerations.
- Assist with EMEA and APAC indirect tax inspections and audits.
- Where necessary, support the EMEA indirect tax compliance team with indirect tax return preparation and filings
- Support the accounting team where required during month-end close activities, by assisting with indirect tax related queries including the preparation & reconciliation of indirect tax entries.
- Monitor changes to EMEA and APAC indirect tax legislation and consider how this may impact Groupon.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- ACCA/ACA or CTA qualification, minimum 3 years’ experience working primarily or exclusively within Indirect Taxes
- Strong indirect tax technical ability
- Can adapt quickly and work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- An ability to take ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- You can juggle multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines without breaking a sweat
- Strong people skills with the ability to build networks and relationships both across tax with other key stakeholders
- Focus on delivery with high personal standards and excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and innovative individual who challenges the status quo
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.