Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfil our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, travel experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Account Manager (French) to join our Travel Team based in Valencia. It’s a thrilling time to join us as we help Travel Partners get back to receiving customers and growing their business.
Senior Account Manager seeks out new business opportunities, targeting known merchants within assigned GSR to engage, consult, and to secure new campaigns. As a team, our emphasis will always be on the formation of long-term partnerships we can feature time and time again - regardless of seasonality. Additional responsibilities include appointed Brand Ambassador/ Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the team to support knowledge sharing and coaching colleagues.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have the resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping travel businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Develops familiarity with each merchant’s business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, merchant economic model, and revenue/profit drivers
- Utilizes knowledge of deal structure and strategy to reach Groupon’s and merchants’ desired outcomes and maximize profit
- Takes ownership of the contract negotiation process, dealing with margins, discounts, and other critical element
- Consistently achieves and/or exceeds sales targets
- Drives market growth for both quality of merchants and revenue to support merchant retention - this leads to creating packages that delight Groupon subscribers alike
- Playing a key role in driving new business and maintaining existing business relationships - giving Getaways the opportunity to open new markets and penetrate deeper into existing markets and accounts
We’re excited about you, if you have:
- Fluency in French and English both written and spoken is essential
- 2-3 years of Experience in sales
- Negotiation skills
- Meeting quota if experienced in sales (for those with experience)
- Inside sales experience through phone, email and social selling Transactional selling in a territory, or for a product (for those with experience)
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.