Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
As Regional Manager - Facilities you will manage several offices across the assigned region, either across several states, or across several countries. You will manage local resources in various offices where they exist today and as they may exist in the future. The Regional Manager - Facilities owns the Facility experience for our Groupon colleagues across their assigned region.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Planning of the Space - This role must work proactively with all stakeholders to assure that Groupon offices are planned to meet our needs throughout the life of the lease. The incumbent must work effectively with all internal stakeholders to understand needs and convey them into concrete terms related to space requirements, construction requirements and budgets.
- Managing of the space - The Regional Manager must manage the space over time to adjust to various changes and business requirements. The space must be updated as needed to meet current and future needs of Groupon.
- Manage landlord relationships - The Regional Manager must effectively manage the relationships with each of our landlords. They must read and understand the lease to assure we are getting appropriate levels of service and to assure the Landlord is paying appropriately for work that belongs to the landlord. The RM serves as a first line of elevation in any disputes and manages effective resolutions.
- Manage Vendor relationships - The RM must manage multiple vendors at each office. These vendors may be providing maintenance, cleaning, refreshments, food service, transportation, security or other functions that Groupon needs as part of our facility experience. The RM must assure we are following good business practices in all vendor relationships.
- Lead and manage the team - The RM will be expected to select, grow and nurture the teams at each location. The RM will work with the teams on growth and succession planning. The RM shall assure that the teams are supported for growth and new opportunities within Facilities and within Groupon.
- Support CRE in negotiations - The RM will work closely with CRE to determine space needs, to evaluate future project requirements, to plan for updates to the office space, to assure that we are able to provide the best possible office space within our budget in a given geography.
- Benchmark the local market - The RM shall work with local peer companies, service providers, FM firms and others to learn and implement best practices for our facilities across their region.
- Own the facility experience - The RM is the face of Groupon for each of our offices. They own the facility experience and are accountable to our business leaders at each site
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience managing office facilities for a multi-national corporation across multiple countries
- Minimum of High School. Trade School, and College are helpful but not required
- Fluent English
- Background in Construction, Engineering, Facilities Management.
- Ability to read drawings
- Ability to plan proactively, seek solutions
- Ability to relate to people at all levels of the corporation
- Ability to deal effectively with construction, repair and maintenance contractors
- Ability to take complex and technical information and convey it effectively to various audiences
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.