Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
We are looking for a Payments Analyst to join the Payment Strategy & Operations team. Our team’s mission is to provide all of the expertise and direction needed to monitor, lead, and negotiate payment relationships with external vendors and internal product & engineering teams.
In this role, you will be accountable for optimizing the payment systems at Groupon utilizing data driven analysis. You will assist in managing the day-to-day operation and problem solving of the team, which includes monitoring authorization rates, reconciling differences between internal and processor data, identifying issues, then escalating to proper contacts. Your role will be involved in providing feedback to the Payments roadmap and figuring out priorities across all markets.
We work with many different payment providers supporting payment methods in different countries. Our large-scale, web and mobile e-commerce applications run non-stop around the globe. We work extensively with Open Source technologies. Many of our team are active developers on open source projects and, we are working to release more of our technology into the open source world.
We’re a “best of both worlds” kind of company. We’re big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We’re curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
Develop a deep understanding of the Payments ecosystems by working closely across the matrix with teams like Finance, Marketing, Product, Engineering and senior executives with the shared goal of improving conversion and authorization rates
- Structure complex, ambiguous business questions and utilize analytical skills to synthesize actionable insights to the benefit of leaders in the organization
- Discover new opportunities to grow and optimize the business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development
- Create internal pricing models to evaluate payment pricing changes. Analyze pricing structure, processing history, and processor pricing policy
- Utilizing a general understanding of relational database systems, perform ad-hoc analysis and payments performance analysis as needed
- Collaborate with other analysts/data scientists and help guide strategy based on learning from other analyses/projects across the organization
- Drive the creation of high quality metrics, conduct daily analysis around engineering changes/production issues and regularly report on health of payment systems
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years relevant work experience at a financial institution, or a payments/ecommerce environment
- You demonstrate an understanding of ecommerce payment processing flows from customer purchase, to the reconciliation level
- Strong research, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with SQL query writing, proficient in Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel (intermediate level of expertise working with Excel pivot tables and vlookup functions)
- Familiarity with Agile methodology including identifying and managing risks and communicating to internal partners
- You have amazing attention to detail and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at a time and thriving in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- We are looking for someone with strong communication skills, including the ability to digest complex sometimes technical problems and articulate solutions in a clear and concise manner, then present findings as well as recommendations in presentations to all levels in the organization
- Proven track record in, prioritizing workload effectively, Ability to work flexible hours, as the Payments team interacts with team members in Groupon offices across the globe
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.