Are you looking for a way to challenge yourself and build your digital merchandising skills?
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
The Online Merchandising Specialist will focus on experience strategy and planning, developing and executing merchandising campaigns to drive revenue and repeat visits for multiple business channels and across varying platforms. You will own supply-focused merchandising and be responsible for knowledge of all or specific lines of business to deliver a strong customer experience that delivers YOY growth. This position requires strategic thinking, a drive to get things done, strong communication and problem solving skills, confidence and an ability to self-start. The Merchandising team will work on big-picture strategies to increase overall financials but will also be responsible for reacting quickly to changing company initiatives and business trends.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Quarterly strategy and execution, including collections, landing pages, site and mobile assets and more
- Understanding drivers of category growth based on but not limited to market level (coverage), deal type (PDS), seasonality, customer segment, platform engagement and conversion (mobile, site, touch)
- Building off YoY analysis, seasonal trends and marketplace demand
- Partnering with the Integrated Marketing Planning team regularly to create site and email collections and copy to drive user engagement and profitable growth, understand campaign strategies to align/create vertical cohesiveness to overall site experience, and review competitive trends, marketing & testing results
- Partnering with the Vertical teams regularly to bring to life the IMP aligned short-term and long-term strategies to drive top and bottom line sales
- Partnering with the Revenue Management team regularly to ensure merchandising plans are accurately delivering expected outputs, react to business trends with merchandising levers in real time, and align on metrics -- efforts should drive to (GP, NOB, CVR, Bounce, etc.) based on current needs of business
- Analyzing and actioning site analytics to create optimized customer journeys and experiences
- Developing landing pages to encourage customer engagement and support strategic account partnerships
- Working to optimize site engagement through Merchandising for seasonality + marketplace demand
- Planning all email landing pages and partners with email team to ensure optimization of email content and links
- Driving innovation to test new, creative ways to present our inventory to the consumer through messaging, landing page templates and more
- Contributing to large-scale campaign projects throughout the year, aligning with all partnering teams to a common goal
- Managing site marketing assets through back-end tools across multiple platforms
- Working with SEO teams on optimizing merchandising landing pages
- Assisting in streamlining overall operational processes and tracking best practices
- Pulling and reviewing weekly performance to make business and experience recommendations
- Occasional off hours work for site checks, critical business needs and peak season activities
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully and achieve deadlines; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in Site Merchandising, Digital Marketing (Email preferred) or eCommerce
- 4-year degree
- Capacity to work cohesively as a team through support, guidance and inclusion
- Strong and detailed organization and process skills given the highly visible output of this position
- Ability to pivot and problem solve quickly
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Focus on analytical data-driven decision making
- Exceptionally strong communication skills
- Strategic and innovative thinker in big picture and details looking for ways to improve processes and customer experience
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization in a simple/concise manner, using data-supported logic
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.