Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
We are looking for an amazingly detail-oriented person with a customer service mindset to join our Accounts Payable team as a Merchant Payments Specialist. The ideal candidate will be organized, motivated to succeed, possess an uncanny eye for accuracy, and have outstanding written communication skills. In this position, you will assist in paying our merchants by completing daily tasks preparing for and assisting in the payment batching process. You will also support internal departments such as Sales, Risk, Legal, and Accounting by creating needed reports and helping to verify the financial status of merchant accounts. In addition, there will be opportunities to work cross-functionally on special projects with other internal support teams.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career? Let's get into the details:
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Providing accounts payable support through merchant payment set-up, account review, and input of merchant invoices
- Managing an email inbox and ticketing queue by responding in a professional and detailed manner to questions from both internal and external parties
- Assisting in department banking processes including banking updates, credit application, and payment processing
- Assisting with financial and operational process improvement efforts
- Reviewing and reconciling merchant accounts as requested by the business or business partners
- Working on specific payment related projects and other ad hoc assignments as required
We're excited about you if you have:
- The ability to multi-task and manage several projects in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivation and a team player mentality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with NetSuite and Zendesk a plus
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.