Did you know that we build some of the best sales people?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Our Merchant Consultant teams focus on building relationships with existing Groupon merchants around the world. We spend our days learning about what makes small-business tick and how to maximize relationships with merchants to ensure continued growth of these accounts. We might look like an ordinary ecommerce app, but under the surface we’re using the latest technology to build products that help small businesses thrive in ways they couldn't
have dreamed of before.
You'll focus on full cycle management of merchant accounts. Whether you're optimizing a live deal for a business that we've worked with for years, or negotiating to bring a merchant back on our platform, you'll be the point of contact for our existing merchants at Groupon.
Starting day one, you will receive hands-on professional sales training and learn the core skills needed to be successful. Through our training program, you'll learn about customer relationship building, Groupon's sales process, sales strategy, sales psychology, and more.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will be empowered to nurture and grow our existing merchant relationships. This includes re-engaging former merchants through cold calling to retain, consult, and close local deals
- You will facilitate revenue growth by improving and optimizing deals
- You will utilize knowledge of deal structure and strategy to reach Groupon’s and merchants’ desired outcomes and maximize satisfaction, engagement, retention, and profit
- You will develop familiarity with each merchant’s business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, merchant economic model, and revenue/profit drivers
- You will provide support to your merchant base by problem-solving questions or issues related to their deal campaigns
- You will be expected to consistently achieve and/or exceed your sales targets and merchant satisfaction expectations
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Spanish Native speaking
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Success in a sales environment
- Fluent English spoken and written
- Experience upselling and reselling over the phone and cold calling a plus
- Experience supporting Merchants is preferred
- Customer service, analytical, and problem solving skills
- You have solid decision-making skills, customer-focused instincts, and sound
- You are well-organized and are able to prioritize tasks to work quickly and efficiently
- You're adaptable and can think on your feet; when faced with new challenges or tough conversations, you face them head-on
- You have strong negotiation and relationship-building skills, with a high degree of integrity and patience
- Salesforce or other CRM experience a plus
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.