We are seeking engaged candidates to fulfil the Market Manager position which is a Global team and will support the Markets in INTL and North America.
Market Manager will be responsible for conducting comprehensive research across different markets, managing categories of deals, optimising inventory value growth, and ensuring the overall quality of deals offered within a specific area, aims to strategically plan and curate local offerings to provide customers with valuable and relevant deals while maximising the platform's effectiveness in each areas.
Your specific mission as a Market Manager is to enhance the performance of a designated Market within INTL or NA. This includes achieving better customer engagement signals and market financial metrics. To achieve this, you'll use a blend of market and inventory data, combined with your cultivated local expertise, to understand each market's unique demands. Your responsibilities encompass identifying target neighbourhoods, services to prioritise, and structuring deals optimally.
In this role, you'll be the guardian of the supply on our platform within your territory, handling lead prioritisation, spotting new merchant opportunities, working closely with the Sales teams on deal approvals, and overseeing live supply.
Your influence extends to merchandising and marketing for your assigned divisions, as you identify top supply to feature and operationalize key assets. We seek a candidate who is metrics-driven, demonstrates strong ownership, possesses excellent communication skills, and has the ability to influence without formal authority.
Y o u’ll spend time on the following:
- Develop, monitor, and execute a localized assortment strategy and marketing approach to achieve significant growth within your markets.
- Shaping the assortment strategy for your territory, including acquiring additional supply for specific services, focusing sales team efforts on targeted neighborhoods, and structuring deals in alignment with market needs.
- Assuming operational and execution ownership of the day-to-day assortment mix and marketing strategy for your territory, managing supply quality, determining the merchandising mix, and staying ahead of local trends.
- Reviewing and optimizing newly submitted deals, working closely with sales representatives to secure optimal deal structures from merchants, and projecting how new deals will perform in the market.
- Utilizing data and reporting to refine the local lead targeting aspect of assortment strategy, bringing in the most relevant supply to the market.
- Identifying top-performing and potential supply to feature in marketing and merchandising assets, such as homepage and landing page carousels, email sends, and Sponsored Listing placements.
- Using data to assess market performance, gaining a deep understanding of what works well in the territory and identifying opportunities for optimization.
This Market Manager role offers the opportunity to be part of our dynamic team and contribute to our mission of helping local businesses thrive. If you're passionate about local markets, data-driven strategies, and tailoring offerings to local preferences, we invite you to join us and be a part of our journey to support local communities and foster growth.
We're excited about you if you have:
- Outstanding analytical, communication, and business skills (required)
Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think outside the box
Able to quickly establish credibility
Able to work as a team and capable of delivering objectives
Personal flexibility, a hands-on approach, and strong people skills must come naturally
Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
Excellent commercial knowledge within e-commerce and online marketplaces
Strong record of implementing go-to-market strategies
Proven self-starter, well-organized and able to prioritize
Ability to make data-driven decisions
Knowledge and experience of using Salesforce and Tableau
Good knowledge of Excel (Vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
Advanced knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides, with particular emphasis on Sheets
English language skills, both written and spoken, enabling effective communication and collaboration in diverse professional settings
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; at least 1 year experience in analytics, city planning or sales preferred but not requires
- Builds appropriate rapport and constructive and effective relationships
- Ability to establish rapport with business partners and stakeholders to drive towards desired outcomes
Can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortable
Comfortable reading and interpreting data and charts, able to translate insights into actionable steps
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.