Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
Groupon is constantly expanding into new local experience categories. As part of the Discovery team, you will define and execute the vision and strategy for a frictionless and personalized search and browse experience, empowering users to find what they want, with the least effort and shortest amount of time. The Scalable Supply product team builds deep partner integrations on our world-class 3rd party marketplace platform, where diverse partners such as Viator and Ticketmaster list inventory that Groupon customers can buy seamlessly right from the Groupon app.
In this role, you will spearhead a large-scale international initiative to create an amazing native experience around live events and activities. You will work closely with senior leadership, country managers, technical teams and business partners to expand our relationships globally and to bring broad and deep selection to our customers.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Drive partnership and platform strategy across geographies
- Collaborate regularly with company leaders around the world to ensure that product vision aligns with business needs and requirements
- Partner with UX design, data science and multiple technical teams to bring your ideas to life and execute your roadmap at lightning speed
- Develop metrics to monitor and quantify impact of all new programs that you launch
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 8 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years of product management experience
- Excellent understanding of e-commerce, product development and how web and mobile technologies work
- Degree in computer science, engineering, business, economics, or mathematics; MBA or other related Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working with product and engineering teams, and a track record of shipping great products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- You enjoy calling the shots and leading changes
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.