Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a dynamic, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Helpdesk Staff is the face of IT. Working in this role you will be required to interact on behalf of all of IT with our internal customer base. The day to day functions of this role are engaging in support resolutions as our first responders and ticket routers. You will be responsible for inventory management, receipt and imaging.
Basic first level support is required such as resetting passwords, adding members to groups and solving basic Apple, Windows, and Application issues via phone, walkups and electronic queues.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
We’re excited about you if you have:
● 1-3 years of prior customer service experience and fluency in either French, German or Dutch
● 1 year of IT support experience in a mixed desktop environment (Apple and Windows
● Experience in managing support requests through a ticketing system, using clear and detailed communication
● Prior experience in supporting OS images with either network based cloning, or deployment services automated installation routines such as PXE boot
● Willingness to learn in the IT environment and take on additional responsibilities
● Professional, relevant examples of your ridiculous attention to detail
● Excellent customer service skills
● Proactive attitude, organized and the capacity to multitask
● Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Technical certifications a plus
You’ll spend time on the following:
● Microsoft Office or Google Applications Experience
● Operating System Troubleshooting
● Installation of Printers
● Desktop Software Installations
● Productivity Suite Configuration
● Ability to follow support scripts as well as documented procedures
● Technical certifications a plus
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.