Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
As the Head of Enterprise & Live, you will manage our biggest market in International leading a team of 8 people split into 3 verticals: Core business (experiences in F&D, TTD, HBW, H&A and Retail), Live (Events, concerts, museums) and customizable (Print & Personalized, eLearning). You will directly manage our organization's business activities and fully develop and implement effective business strategies to overachieve our financial goals. Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organization in both maintaining relationships with key clients and generating new business with key brands in the verticals mentioned above. Last but not least, your managerial skills will drive productivity, engagement and well-being of our staff.
Were a best of “both worlds” kind of company. Were big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. Were curious, fun, a little intense, and passionate about helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Grow and manage the number of national brands featuring on the Groupon platform, adding to our list of high profile partners which include Starbucks, Marks and Spencer, Odeon Cinemas and the Merlin Group.
- Setting of clear plans for identification and targeting of national accounts, and executing to a high level with a team of experienced reps.
- Responsibility for revenue and profitability, and ensuring clear reporting to general management.
- Daily management of individual sales rep goals, using rich company data to monitor performance and provide feedback to team.
- Efficient analysis of available data sources to inform team decision making, and lead collaborative efforts with key stakeholders: Marketing, Sales Support, Finance, and Customer Service.
- Continuous coaching in operational and strategic disciplines, demonstrating leadership through can-do approach.
- Lead pan-European discussions with other business units for best practice and account networking.
- Train and develop team to consistently deliver best-in-class solutions.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Experience in business development with large scale businesses. Able to demonstrate hands-on management of business unit with $ multi-million billings.
- Track record of dealing with key decision makers in sales negotiations, and with C-level executives.
- Highly analytical, adept at using raw data as well as automated reports to drive both analysis and commercial proposals.
- In-depth knowledge of sales performance management, including target setting, tracking and reporting for functional accountability.
- Experience of directly managing and developing large teams, preferably including matrix responsibilities.
- Experience of working to a fast-cycle business, preferably in e-commerce. Hands-on experience of daily team management and daily reporting.
- Ideally with a background or clear commercial knowledge on ecommerce/digital media.
- Proven financial analysis skills and the ability to negotiate contracts and apply business skills at a high level.
- Ability to work in a competitive commercial ecommerce / digital media market.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what customers want (i.e. subscribers and merchants)
- A keen eye for business opportunities and commercial experience at a management level.
- A self-starter who can spot new opportunities
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.