The primary responsibilities for this position include supporting the technical framework of Groupon’s global ERP solution (NetSuite OneWorld), developing & executing test plans for patches / product enhancements, and acting as liaison between IT and our global accounting team’s to define business requirements and maintain accounting-related tools.
This role will report to the Manager of Financial Systems and be based in Chicago, IL USA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as first line of support to provide issue resolution for NetSuite application users.
- Support the accounting teams through month-end, quarterly, and annual financial close activities.
- Identify new system requirements, determine impact on existing systems & business processes, and develop appropriate specifications for product enhancement requests.
- Provide occasional training for ERP system users globally.
- Create ad-hoc reporting and queries to assist finance teams and business stakeholders.
- Provide regular updates to management on issues arising from end users.
- Communicate with multiple departments within the organization to resolve any global issues.
Desirable candidates will have the following qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of experience in financial systems, accounting or finance.
- Experience with large ERP Tools/Applications required - NetSuite and/or Oracle experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – proven ability to effectively translate technical information to non-technical individuals
- Experience of working with remote employees and contractors in different time zones (USA, Asia, Latin America) is highly desirable
- Positive attitude, strong analytical and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new processes quickly and manage/prioritize multiple work streams effectively
- Experience building complex reports, dashboards, and scorecards is helpful
- Strong initiative and the desire to see a project through until completion.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.