As part of the Finance Operations team, the Finance Analyst plays a crucial role in reporting and financial data analysis. This position offers a unique opportunity to work closely with commercial finance teams in North America and International, maintaining essential dashboards and data pipelines.
You will also be responsible for building new financial reports and providing data support for in-depth analysis of business problems and opportunities. Additionally, you will have the chance to work closely with the senior leadership team, influencing key executive-level decisions.
💬 What is our mindset?
- We would compare ourselves to a sports team, where we strive to assemble the best team with the available resources.
- We still maintain key values such as fairness , mutual support, and respect , but we also focus on performance and aim to build a top-notch organization that can deliver excellent results in a short period of time.
- Our culture is built on courage , ambition , and is strongly meritocratic - allowing the most capable individuals to grow rapidly. Over the years, we have given opportunities to countless talented people who share traits such as structure, intellectual curiosity, hard work, and the ability to learn quickly.
- You can learn more about us, for example, in an interview with Dušan Šenkypl .
You’ll spend time on the following
- Business partnering: you'll work hand-in-hand to build scalable solutions to complex problems, rooted in data and analytics
- Build and oversee forecasting models for monthly, quarterly, and annual planning processes
- Contribute to the monthly accounting close review process, ensuring all entries are booked timely and accurately, and producing variance analysis vs. prior forecasts
- Complete P&L ownership from top line revenue growth down through SG&A and operating income.
- Lead headcount planning and budgeting for business unit(s)
- Assist in vendor negotiations and contract reviews, ensuring market best terms are secured
- Lead and prioritize revenue growth and cost reduction efforts through data-centric driven financial analysis, engaging with cross-functional teams to share best practices (marketing, accounting, operations, etc.)
- Prepare and maintain driver-based financial models supporting operational and strategic decision making
We’re excited about you if you have
- Bullet about stress resistance, ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. I know it is somehow outlined in 'fluid and dynamic fast-paced environment' but I'd like to emphasize this is must-have
- We are definitely looking for a team-player so may be worthy to mention that one as well
- You'd consider yourself to be a budding authority in Microsoft Excel
- You're savvy with systems and are comfortable with data architecture, ERP systems, Tableau and SQL
- You're super analytical and love getting in the details
- You thrive in a fluid and dynamic fast-paced environment, and embrace ambiguity
- Experience working at a multinational organization operating across geographies, timezones, and cultures is a plus
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4+ years experience in Accounting or Finance
- Bonus points if you have experience or familiarity with ecommerce
- Knowledge of the English language - the entire company operates in English
- We are seeking someone based in the Czech Republic .
- We operate in a hybrid mode and will be happy to be in the office for 1-2 days per week. The offices are located in Prague
We like to give a chance to someone who has a strong drive and is self-driven. Don't be afraid to take a chance with us, even if you don't think you meet all the requirements or if you're a little more experienced than we want. We can design a position for you!
📧 Send us your CV. 📧
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.