Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
Groupon's Information Technology team may not be the obvious hero of Groupon's success story, but we enable that success. Thousands of people need to feel confident that their tools work, and that's where we shine. As a member of the Platinum Global Support Services team, you will offer insightful recommendations and provide real-world solutions to challenges that save the day!
Working in this role, you will interact with and support employees daily to provide solutions to a variety of technical requests. This will occur both in person and via our ticketing system. You will spend time resetting passwords, adding members to groups, and solving basic Apple, Windows, and Application issues via phone, and also providing white glove support to our company executives. Lastly, you will also learn about IT at scale, having an opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Provide 2nd level technical support to all staff
- Researching and diagnosing complex technical issues for desktop hardware and software
- Assist in monitoring the Help Desk ticketing system which includes escalating tickets to the appropriate support teams as well as providing level 2 support services remotely and in-person when appropriate
- Assisting with Mac and PC distribution of new systems and helping with computer equipment relocation
- Provide support for Microsoft and Linux desktops and servers
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 3+ years of IT support experience in a mixed desktop environment (Apple and Windows)
- Experience in managing support requests through a ticketing system, using clear and detailed communication
- Familiarity with managing users and permissions through Microsoft Active Directory
- Enterprise Mac and Windows desktop support experience for 300+ users
- Application Support for Microsoft Office, Google Apps, McAfee Antivirus
- Ensure SLA’s are being achieved or exceeded
- Assist the Corporate MultiMedia Team with conferencing setups and remote hands
- Experience with Mac & Windows imaging
- Professional, relevant examples of your ridiculous attention to detail and excellent customer service skills
- A curious and can-do mindset, where you learn more about the IT environment and tackle additional responsibilities
- You have a meticulous attention to detail and have delivered results while juggling multiple projects
- You have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and can understand and explain customer situations and solution
- You take a positive approach to problems - both big and small
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.