Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
Do you have an interest in managing the database end to end? Do you eager to look at what is happening behind the scene? then you are the right person for this role.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career? Let's get into the details:
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about Databases and makes sure it always available for the customers. Especially in Big data.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Managing the big data clusters
- Understand the business users bigdata related queries and provide the workable solution
- Work with network team and make sure the server is available for 24x7
- Plan the maintenance at a suitable window whenever it requires
- Deploying a Hadoop cluster, maintaining a Hadoop cluster, adding and removing nodes using cluster monitoring tools like Ganglia Nagios or Cloudera Manager, configuring the NameNode high availability and keeping a track of all the running hadoop jobs.
- Implementing, managing and administering the overall Hadoop infrastructure.
- Takes care of the day-to-day running of Hadoop clusters
- Work closely with the database team, network team, BI team and application teams to make sure that all the big data applications are highly available and performing as expected.
- Responsible for capacity planning and estimating the requirements for lowering or increasing the capacity of the Hadoop cluster.
- Ensure that the Hadoop cluster is up and running all the time
- Monitoring cluster connectivity and performance.
- Manage and review Hadoop log files
- 24x7 support
- Flexible to work in extended hours, weekends (Weekly rotational)
We’re excited about you if you have:
3 to 5 years in Big Data (Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Scala, Spark)
Experience in Installing, configuring, maintaining, troubleshooting and monitoring Hadoop clusters and below components
HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sentry, Hue, Yarn, Sqoop, Spark, Impala, Oozie, ZooKeeper, Flume, Solr, Kudu, Kafka, Cloudera Navigator
Experience in performance tuning of Hadoop clusters, MapReduce, Yarn and Spark
Exposure and Knowledge on Teradata is a plus.
Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in SQL, Unix shell scripting
Willing to adopt the new technologies.
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.