Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
Groupon, Inc. is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in Chicago, IL.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
How you'll spend your day:
- You will design and build scalable computing systems for collecting, integrating, and processing large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources and feed the results of the computations to other downstream systems within established service level agreement timeframes
- Work closely with peers from the product, engineering, and data science teams to form good hypotheses on how to improve the business
- Design, execute and measure experiments to test these hypotheses
- Productionalize solutions that show lift
- Translate business objectives and real-life problems into a hypothesis with statistical significance, data science model, data pipeline of tested solutions to feed into a scalable downstream result
We’re excited about you if you have the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics or related field plus 3 years of related experience
- Any level of experience with designing and building scalable computing systems to collect, integrate, process large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources using big data techniques
- Any level of experience with devising and implementing data processes and pipelines that outputs transformed, refined, and complied data for further analysis, visualization and testing
- Any level of experience with collaborating with cross-functional partners to understand their business needs, formulating, and completing end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables, and presentations
- Any level of experience with establishing and maintaining effective performance tracking
- Any level of experience with identifying improvement opportunity, forming hypothesis, proposing, designing, and implementing tests to drive strategy enhancement and optimization
- Any level of experience with developing advanced analytics solutions including customer segmentation, optimization, test & design of experiments and prescriptive analytics to solve business problems
- Any level of experience with deploying prototype solutions, testing and optimizing hypothesis, and productionalizing those solutions that show lift in key business metrics
- Can telecommute up to 100% from Seattle or Chicago.
- Up to 5% travel required.
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.