Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
Groupon, Inc. is looking for a Data Analyst to join our team in Chicago, IL.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
How you'll spend your day:
- You will develop a deep understanding of and continuously improve the fraud & payments data ETL processes through use of SQL, Python, and Excel VBA;
- Closely partner with operational stakeholders in identifying gaps in existing fraud reports and suggest & build optimizations for these;
- Structure complex, ambiguous business questions and utilize data analytics to deliver actionable insights to the anti-fraud organization;
- Process large datasets to ensure quality and accuracy of the fraud data;
- Perform high-priority, ad-hoc analysis as needed in response to rapidly changing fraud attack patterns;
- Build trend analysis and forecasts for fraud, cost and payment data;
- Collaborate with other analysts and help guide reporting strategy based on previous project outcomes and deliverables;
- Build dashboards in order to share historical data pivots with the product and business stakeholders work product includes queries generating reports, presentations, and forecasts and delivery of data insights to answer specific business questions when they arise.
We’re excited about you if you have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Information Technology, or related field plus 2 years related experience.
- Any level of experience with utilizing technical expertise with languages including Python, SQL, VBA and Powershell to design and build automated processes
- Any level of experience with processing large datasets to ensure quality and accuracy of the data using Python, SQL, VBA and Powershell for informed decisions
- Any level of experience with analyzing large data to build data reports, trend analysis, forecasts and dashboards for stakeholders from ETL processes after data validation
- Any level of experience with building trend analysis and forecasts for accounting and financial services teams
- Any level of experience with liaising between the business users, IT leadership, and technical teams to define functional and technical requirements throughout the IT project lifecycle
- 100% telecommuting allowed from anywhere in the U.S.
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.