Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
Marketing Analytics is a key element in Groupon’s Marketing & Engineering and as a team we develop new data requirements, maintain automated dashboards and analyze marketing performance to helps improve marketing strategies and customer insights to make Groupon engaging for both merchants and consumers.
This position will be part of our global Marketing Analytics team supporting Groupon’s Global Marketing efforts. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding, measuring, testing and reporting on the fundamental success factors that drive our drive Marketing success.
The right candidate will possess a strong combination of analytical prowess, technical aptitude, and business savvy.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
What you'll be doing :
- Collaborate with marketing team and other stakeholders across Groupon, with an understanding of the diverse needs of each stakeholder
- Synthesize data from a variety of databases and provide clear actionable recommendations to the key business.
- Creation of dashboards and reports providing insight into business data. Aggregate, organize and visualize data to communicate effectively.
- Work closely with data engineers and analytics team to ensure the ongoing evolution and improvement of our data assets
- Partner with internal and external partners to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and provide recommendations to the marketing team
- Develop ad-hoc analysis and reports
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of work experience as a Data Analyst role
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Top decile SQL skills are a MUST (experience in Hive is strongly preferred)
- Experience in using tools like Tableau for creating dashboards, reports and data exploration
- Proven ability to perform data driven analyses including problem statement, data discovery, and result communication
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; comfortable explaining technical topics to non-technical users
- Experience defining and analyzing multivariate tests.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
- Prior retail and digital marketing knowledge (Preferred)
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.