Are you a versatile copywriter that thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment? Can you find the creative solution to any business problem? Is digital marketing something you’re sincerely passionate about? If your answers are an emphatic, "YES," then come be a part of our world.
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
We're looking for a new member to join our in-house agency. The group supports the branded creative marketing and merchandising needs for Groupon globally by utilizing a variety of digital marketing channels and the capabilities of our in-house studio team to create campaigns that excite both our customers and our business partners.
Groupon is in need of a copywriter who finds inspiration across all digital channels and understands how to use a business challenge to drive consumers to act. We encourage our people to flex their creative muscles, stay positive, and consistently push to do more, be more and bring more.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career? Let's get into the details:
- Collaborate with creative team and internal business partners to deliver highly effective e-commerce initiatives, including branding and seasonal campaigns, shopper events and promotions, email journeys, display and in-app ads, video and social
- Contribute to content ideation for Groupon’s blog – The Gist – and write engaging and SEO-driven articles
- Partner with designers to develop a wide range of concepts that are on-brief and on-strategy
- Collaborate with project teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects
- Understand customer mindsets and write for an array of audience need states
- Oversee copy and content from concept to completion, maintaining stewardship of Groupon’s tone, voice and brand standards
- Continuously monitor and adapt messaging strategy to increase open and click-through rates, customer engagement and ultimately sales results
- Take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Present and effectively sell in work to creative leadership and business partners
- Stay up to date on marketing trends and follow industry best-practices
We're excited about you if you have:
- 3 years of experience with creative or in-house agencies
- A portfolio demonstrating strategic shopper/retail marketing, e-commerce and CRM programs + blog style content and articles
- Strong understanding of digital best practices and the ability to execute against a broad variety of digital assets
- Ability to flex into brand marketing, content and social media
- A willingness to understand and write across key verticals, including local experiences, health, beauty & wellness, home & auto, travel, CPG/goods and more.
- A results-driven writing style and understanding of how data informs messaging strategy
- An understanding of the nuances of writing for global marketing efforts
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Professional expertise and the ability to apply company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Wordpress a plus
For your application:
Please include a resume and link to your portfolio.
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.