Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences, and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Sales Operations team is responsible for managing projects essential to the success of the sales organization. This dynamic team is dedicated to improving overall processes, current experiences, and solving new challenges while supporting the sales teams to achieve financial and operational targets.
As the Commercial Analyst, you will be responsible for creating insights and actions for the Local business, supporting 10 countries to better enable sales and management teams to drive revenue. You will also be supporting internal and external stakeholders with the development of analytical tools and reports for better decision making. The technical and analytical tools used in this role will be Teradata SQL Assistant, Tableau and MS Excel.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resource and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Support decision making through analytics, working with Sales Ops project managers to analyze the efficiencies of new tools and processes, and report on sales initiatives.
- Create and maintain standardized and centrally managed sales performance reports.
- Provide the ongoing support to sales teams to ensure the efficient adoption of reports.
- Provide analytical insight on sales performance to identify root causes and influence the direction of sales strategy and priorities.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define, develop and maintain financial and non- financial KPIs.
- Proactively identify gaps and errors in data and reporting and work towards improving those areas.
- Operationalize new rollouts and provide analytical support in detail to requests from countries.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 2-4 years of work experience within an analyst role, ideally in a sales driven environment
- Work experience in an international environment and are fluent in English language.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL with strong analytical skills is mandatory.
- Proficiency in Excel, including VBA.
- Existing experience with Tableau and/or other reporting design tools.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.