Do you want to be one of the next great sales people at Groupon? Because we build amazing sales people.
It matters what you sell. You can just sell "stuff" or you can grow local businesses around the world. And in the process, you will become a master of professional sales.
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses. We connect people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services and experiences. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Our Business Development teams focus on building partnerships with new Groupon merchants. We spend our days learning about what makes small-business tick and how to craft unique marketing campaigns to help them reach their targeted audiences. Our expertise ultimately creates jobs and drives economies as we help local merchants thrive.
You'll focus on finding and closing new business for the Groupon platform within one of our four verticals - Health/Beauty/Wellness, Things to Do, Food/Drink, and Home/Auto. Through support from our management and training team, you'll learn about Groupon's merchant strategy, our sales process, sales psychology, and more. You'll use the skills to make connections, grow partnerships, and scale the businesses we have on our site – both big and small. You will have the autonomy and discretion to prioritize accounts, negotiate complex offers, and craft offer structure.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will generate new business opportunities through cold calling to engage, consult, and close local deals within your specific vertical.
- You will prospect new accounts by contacting, consulting with, and closing deals through established networks, relationships, independent research, and the lead management pipeline
- You'll spend time developing familiarity with each merchant’s business so you can help their own businesses thrive
- Take ownership of contract negotiation process, dealing with margins, discounts, and other critical elements
- Use consultative selling strategies and knowledge of deal structure to reach merchants’ desired outcomes and maximize profit
- Consistently achieve and/or exceed your sales targets
- Work with Merchant teams post-close to ensure a smooth transition of accounts and align on merchant strategy
- Drive market growth for both quality of merchants and revenue
We’re excited about you if you have:
- A 2+ year track record of success in a sales environment
- Experience selling to or working with local businesses in the following industries preferred - food & beverage, leisure & activities, beauty & wellness, and home & automotive services
- You have strong consultation and negotiation skills, and hunting skills so honed, Bear Grylls would be jealous
- You have the right balance of coach-ability and confidence, and are excited about the opportunity to further develop consultative sales skills
- Comfortable in a competitive environment, with evidence of personal ambition to improve
- You're adaptable and can think on your feet; when faced with new challenges or tough conversations, you face them head-on
- You hold yourself accountable and balance multiple priorities with precision
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You are curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.