Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences – big and small, new and familiar – that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships – resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
Our Business Development teams focus on building partnerships with new Groupon merchants. We spend our days learning about what makes small-business tick and how to craft unique marketing campaigns to help them reach their targeted audiences. Our expertise ultimately creates jobs and drives economies as we help local merchants thrive.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Consultant to join our Sales Team based remotely, anywhere in NSW. You'll focus on closing new business for the Groupon platform across our NSW region in our Local Sales vertical – everything ranging from restaurants, leisure, beauty, wellness, fitness, entertainment and services.
You’ll use your connections and related experience to set, meet and hold phone and face-to-face appointments with the merchants. You’ll have autonomy when it comes to prioritising accounts, negotiating complex offers and crafting delightful campaign structures with the end customer in mind. As a local, you'll use your connections and skills to grow partnerships, and scale the businesses we have on our site – both big and small.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that make a meaningful impact in growing local businesses. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
What you'll actually be doing:
- Prospecting new business opportunities through cold calling, contacting, consulting with, and closing deals through established networks, relationships, independent research, and our bespoke lead generation pipeline
- 'Meet' with merchants over the phone or via Zoom to present Groupon as a solution for their business to help their own businesses thrive
- Take ownership of contract negotiation process, dealing with margins, discounts, and other critical elements
- Use consultative selling strategies to reach merchants’ desired outcomes and maximise profit
- Work with our Account Management teams to ensure a smooth handover and transition of accounts post close, to align on merchant strategy
A little about you:
- Prior experience in a new-business hunting sales environment, comfortable cold calling and with a track record of success in a KPI driven sales environment
- You have strong consultation and negotiation skills, and hunting skills so honed, Bear Grylls would be jealous
- The right balance of coach-ability and confidence, and are excited about the opportunity to further develop consultative sales skills
- You're adaptable and can think on your feet; when faced with new challenges or tough conversations, you face them head-on
- You're comfortable in an ever-changing, competitive environment, with the ambition to improve
- Curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You consider yourself a bit of a foodie, an outgoing personality and a great sense of humor!
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package on offer
- Autonomous ‘smart office’ work culture
- Birthday Leave to enjoy your day in style
- Company wide Wellbeing Days to focus on you
- Give back with Volunteering Days (2 per year)
- Groupon Bucks & Staff Discount to spend up big and support our merchants
- Recognition awards and celebration any chance we get
- Social Club and team events (even virtually!)
- Paid parental leave if you are thinking of growing your tribe
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.