Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Our Business Development teams focus on building partnerships with new Groupon merchants. We spend our days learning about what makes small-business tick and how to craft unique marketing campaigns to help them reach their targeted audiences. Our expertise ultimately creates jobs and drives economies as we help local merchants thrive.
As a Business Development Consultant (BDC), you'll focus on local business for the Groupon platform. Starting day 1, you'll receive hands-on professional sales training and learn the core skills needed to be successful long term. Through our training program, you'll learn about customer relationship building, Groupon's sales process, sales strategy, sales psychology, and more. You'll use the skills developed in this training to make connections, grow partnerships, and scale the businesses we have on our site - both big and small.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
And best of all, we believe in helping people grow within the sales organization. We have a dedicated training staff and programs to take anyone to the next level.
You'll spend time on the following:
- You will seek out new business opportunities, targeting local, through cold calling to engage, consult, and close local deals
- Develop familiarity with each merchant’s business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, merchant economic model, and revenue/profit drivers
- Utilize knowledge of deal structure and strategy to reach Groupon’s and merchants’ desired outcomes and maximize profit
- Take ownership of the contract negotiation process, dealing with margins, discounts, and other critical elements
- Consistently achieve and/or exceed your sales targets
- Work with Merchant Development teams post-close to ensure a flawless transition of accounts and align on merchant strategy
- Drive market growth for both quality of merchants and revenue
We're excited about you, if you have:
- Success in a sales role within a territory or for a product
- Inside sales experience over the phone/email and social selling.
- Proven depth of knowledge and experience in transactional selling
- High level of understanding and entry-level experience in relationship management with small-sized accounts & strong sales orientation
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in meeting sales quotas, sales negotiation and problem-solving.
- Ability to demonstrate strong sales performance using sales instinct and judgement
- High degrees of diligence and accountability, with evidence of personal results
- Strong ability to follow direction and guidance
- You're resilient, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You are able to confidently demonstrate ownership of your performance, always looking for ways to be more coachable and improve
- Adaptable and can think on your feet; when faced with new challenges or tough conversations, you face them head-on
- Accountable and balance multiple priorities flawlessly
- Committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You’re an excellent listener and can also be assertive, persistent, and persuasive
- Salesforce or other CRM experience a plus
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.