Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
This role will support the accounting activities centralized within the European Accounting Centre of Excellence based in Warsaw . Key activities include maintaining and reconciling bank accounts, preparing and analysis cash flow forecast for all International legal entities and aiding the regional close process of the general ledger accounts.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Create Journals for International centralized processes.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Ensure proper documentation of all reconciliations for internal & external audits.
- Liaise effectively other accounting teams and other stakeholders including tax, treasury, legal, finance, internal audit, HR and corporate accounting
- Ensure SOX compliance and standardization of key accounting processes.
- Complete investigations and data analysis as requested by manager
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the same position in a corporate environment.
- Solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong Excel skills. NetSuite knowledge is a plus
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, adaptable, and see challenges as an opportunity to grow.
- B2+ level of English (proficient in written and spoken English)
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.