We are dedicated to growing local businesses around the world. Are you ready to join in?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfil our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a dynamic, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon Coupons, part of the Groupon family, is one of Europe’s fastest growing mobile marketing companies, with a team of over 100 working on its award-winning Groupon, Vouchercloud, and whitelabel businesses to deliver creative digital campaigns for world-famous brands.
As an Account Manager you will be responsible to manage and grow the Australian affiliate partners & programs within the AU market, focusing on the growth of our Top Merchant accounts. You will be involved in strategising with a focus on delivering effective campaigns working within our Coupons team, the main purpose of this role is to manage merchants in the retail space while ensuring top quality content is promoted at all times. You will provide focus on client services and deliver the very best service to accounts, liaising with merchant managers and network managers on a daily basis. You will recruit new affiliates, negotiate bespoke commercial deals and liaise with product teams in order to determine key promotions to pass on to affiliate.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Building new client relationships and maintaining them.
- Building new partner relationships and maintaining them.
- Understand a client’s needs and work with the expert teams to develop a tailored solution.
- Work closely with other sales managers, account management & content management teams to ensure the continued success of our relationships with merchants while building new relationships.
- Ensure top quality content is visible on site at all times.
- Maintaining direct relationships with the top affiliates in the Australian market
- Communicating with assigned affiliates regularly via phone, Skype or email to retain the relationship, maintain performance and create opportunities for growth
- Establish strong connections within the online marketing and affiliate industry.
- Updating content for key merchants, creating new offers, updating merchant requests, general day to day management of Merchants
- Analysing and reporting on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual account performance of the channel and affiliates.
- Ensure that the affiliate programme’s terms and conditions are adhered to
- Identifying and recruiting new affiliates to the programme
- Evaluating opportunities and setting the commission structure to achieve efficient ROI
- Creating a plan to grow the affiliate long-tail
- Identifying "lapsed" affiliates within assigned groups or regions and take appropriate steps to reactivate them.
- Travel to industry events when required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Experience in pitching to clients. You are a consultative manager rather than a hard seller.
- You have worked in a sales/business development role within the online sector retail sector
- Have an excellent standard of English, both written and spoken. A foreign language is a plus such as Japanese.
- Have experience within the affiliate marketing industry (preferably over 12 months)
- Have extensive experience handling accounts and coordinating digital campaigns
- Have experience in online media negotiations
- Have an understanding of SEO and PPC
- Have an understanding of digital domains and their business/revenue models
- Be able to spot new opportunities in the online media space and know how online media can help businesses achieve their goals
- Be familiar with affiliate platform tracking
- Hard working and dedicated.
- Organised with good attention to detail
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members, learn more about our inclusive employee groups, and check out our benefits. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint.